FOUNDATION CHINESE YANG SHENG AND TCM & YJCN are proud to organize a WORKSHOP
PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF THE YIJING OR BOOK OF CHANGES AS A TOOL FOR DIAGNOSIS IN CHINESE MEDICINE
The famous doctor Sun Yikui (ca. 1522-1699) is credited with the words “If you don’t know Yijing, you are inadequate to be called a great physician.” Several doctors in Chinese history used the Yijing or Book of Changes as a diagnostic tool to gain deeper insight in a patient’s condition or to pinpoint the cause of an illness. But how did they do that? One of the tools they used was Wenwanggua.
In this fascinating workshop we will examine the use of the hexagrams from the Yijing as a diagnostic tool in Chinese medicine. You will learn:
- a short history of the Yijing
- a short history of the Yijing and Chinese medicine
- the components of a hexagram and their application:
- …and their relationships
- the value of these components for a diagnosis
- The application of Wenwanggua 文王卦 for medical purposes:
- the wuxing 五行, ‘the Five Phases’ and where to find them in a hexagram
- the purpose of the liuqin 六親, ‘the Six Relationships’ and their mutual connections
- the function of the Office & Ghost line as indication of the illness and the Offspring line as indication of the cure
- the application of the ganzhi 干支 Stems & Branches and where to find them in a hexagram
- the weakness and strength of the wuxing, liuqin and ganzhi in a hexagram and what this means for your diagnosis
- examples of medical Wenwanggua from classical and modern literature.
At the end of this workshop you have learned to use Wenwanggua as a tool that complements your own initial diagnosis.
The workshop comes with a workbook that contains all the material that will be covered during the day.