If you study the Yijing (I Ching), the Chinese Book of Changes and one or more of the following statements applies to you then this two-day Yijing Workshop Intensive is for you: Continue reading
Ji 既: on oracle bone and bronze inscriptions used with the meaning of ‘finished, complete, the end, to stop, the final stage’ (Liu Xinglong 劉興隆,《新編甲骨文字典》, p. 299; Ma Rusen 馬如森, 《殷墟甲骨學》, entry 387; Chen Chusheng 陳初生, 《金文常用字典》, p. 559.) However, it depends a lot on the context and the character that follows it how you should read it. For instance, in the case of a solar eclipse it refers to a full eclipse (J.M. Steele, ‘A comparison of astronomical terminology, methods and concepts in China and Mesopotamia, with some comments on the claims for the transmission of Mesopotamian astronomy to China’, in Journal of Astronomical History and Heritage , Vol. 16, No. 3 (2013), p. 254; Han Y B, Qiao Q Y., ‘Records of solar eclipse observations in ancient China’ , Sci China Ser G, 2009, 52(11), p. 1642) even though you might expect that it refers to the end or final stage of an eclipse. Continue reading
The famous doctor Sun Yikui (ca. 1522-1699) is credited with the words “If you don’t know Yijing, you are inadequate to be called a great physician.” Several doctors in Chinese history used the Yijing or Book of Changes as a diagnostic tool to gain deeper insight in a patient’s condition or to pinpoint the cause of an illness. But how did they do that? One of the tools they used was Wenwanggua.
If you study the Yijing (I Ching), the Chinese Book of Changes and one or more of the following statements applies to you then this Yijing Workshop is for you:
- When I consult the Yijing I often find it difficult to interpret the answer
- I do not always understand the language used by the Yijing
- I only use the text of the Yijing, and I would like to do more with the hexagram
- I do not know how to interpret the trigrams
- I know that every line of a hexagram has a meaning, and would like to know and use them
- I’m curious how others use the Yijing
- I have been using the Yijing for years, but still feel like a beginner
- I want to know more about the Chinese philosophy behind the Yijing
- I want to integrate the Yijing into my own profession
In one fascinating day you will learn how to get the most out of your Yijing experience!