Do you find the Yijing (I Ching) complicated, do you wish to make a good start with the study and application of it, or do you want to know more about the fundamentals of this ancient Chinese Book of Changes? Now is the chance to kickstart your Yijing study and experience!
The Yijing is one of the oldest books in the world. Dated around 800BC it started out as a divination book but in the following centuries it developed into a philosophical masterpiece that was not only used to gain insights about the best course of action but also formed the foundation for cosmological and metaphysical explorations. It actively applies the principles of yin and yang and is a unique tool to illuminate matters of the heart, acquire insights about your current situation or problem, and tells you how you can create the optimum circumstances to achieve your goals.
During this day you will learn:
- The composition of the Zhouyi, the foundation of the Yijing
- How the ancient Chinese saw the hexagrams, how they used them and what we can learn from them
- The coin method of consulting the Yijing
- The practical value of the trigrams and lines
- How to read moving lines in combination with the trigrams
- The nuclear trigrams and the baoti 包體 (‘enveloping trigrams’)
- The difference between translations and interpretations and why to never use an interpretation
- How to analyse the text and find what it means to you
- What to read and what not to read
- How to combine the meaning of the hexagram with the meaning of the text
- How to gather all this data in a structured way to arrive at a meaningful and constructive interpretation of the Yi’s answer.
Required for this workshop:
- pen & paper
- a translation of the Yijing (consult Harmen when in doubt)
Saturday April 28, 2018, 10:00 – 17:00
Investment: € 60.–
Enrolment: fill in the form below.
Use this form to sign up for the workshop. After we have received your registration we will keep you informed about the workshop, how to make the required payment etc.